Free School Meals
If you receive certain benefits (listed below) you can register for Free School Meals (FSM). This applies to both pupils in KS1 and KS2.
• Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The guarantee element of Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
• Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
If your application is successful the school may receive some additional money called Pupil Premium funding to support learning. In KS1 pupils receive a free meal under the Universal Free School Meals scheme (UFSM) however, you will still need to apply for the FSM scheme in order to qualify for the Pupil Premium funding.
Please refer to the Pupil Premium page on our website for more information.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me if you require any support with completing the online application.
Assistant Headteacher & SENCO